top of page

Our kitchen is a health-inspected, commercially-licensed space for chefs, bakers, caterers, food trucks, and other culinary professionals. It's rentable by the hour or with a monthly contract. Our facility was designed and built with maximum flexibility in mind for our clients, whether you're just starting out or you’re looking to upscale your current operation.

Ready to join us?  Fill out an application, scan and email to or mail to: The Galley, 16 E. Boehringer Street, Batesville, IN  47006.

Pot on Gas Burner

We have the commercial-grade equipment you need to start or grow your business. This includes walk-in refrigeration, freezer space and abundant dry storage. To the right is a commplete list of equipment in our modern, climate-controlled kitchen.

    The Galley Equipment List

  • Convection & conventional ovens

  • Proofing cabinet

  • Cooling racks

  • Six--burner gas range

  • Griddle

  • 20-quart Hobart & 8-quart mixers

  • 40-pound fryer

  • Vegetable prep sink and counter

  • Stainless steel prep tables

  • Microwave oven

  • 3-bowl sink with disposal

  • Walk-in refrigeration

  • Walk-in freezer

  • Dry storage

  • Lockable rolling cage storage 

Cleaning a Gas Stove

We take care of everything - cleaning, maintenance and repair, electricity, security, pest control, building codes, health inspections, and basic supplies. You just show up and do what you do best -

create culinary magic!

    The Galley Rental Rates

  • General Use: $25 per hour (minimum 3 hours per session)

  • Frequent Use: $22 per hour (minimum 16 hours per month)

  • Potential clients complete an onboarding process, which includes orientation on all equipment, proof of ServSafe certification, signing a user agreement, and payment of a $200 security deposit.

Happy Chefs

In our shared-use kitchen, you'll network with other chefs, food producers, caterers, bakers, cheese makers, and other like-minded professionals. You'll be able to make business connections, exchange ideas, and increase your customer base. 


          Frequently Asked Questions

What if I don't have any experience in the food industry, but I’ve always dreamed of having my own small food business?

We are here to help anyone interested in starting their own small food-related business. Come chat with us, and we'll work together to figure out the next steps for you and your business.


Do I need any certifications?

Yes. Food sold to the public, except for qualified items sold at a Farmers' Market, must be prepared in a certified kitchen by an individual with a valid ServSafe Manager Certification. Ripley County administers the exam once a quarter. You can sign up for testing through Hoosier Hospitality Consulting. In addition there are other locations and agencies that offer training and exams. Visit for more information.

Can I take a tour?

Of course! We would be happy to schedule a tour by appointment.


What are your hours of operation?

As a client, you can schedule time in the kitchen to meet your schedule. Normal time blocks are during typical business hours, but we offer you the flexibility to work in the kitchen at any time, day or night, that is convenient for you.


What equipment do clients need to provide for themselves?

Clients are responsible for supplying their own smallwares,  including knives, pots and pans, measuring tools, containers, etc. Lockable storage cages are available for you to keep your items conveniently and safely on-site. The Galley provides commercial kitchen equipment that most businesses would need (listed above).

If you have any further questions, please email us at

or call our kitchen manager, Bryttani Brewer, at 765-717-9008.

bottom of page